Random Cricket Photos Post 67



#RandomCricketPhotosThatMakeMeHappy

Yorkshire's Simon Guy once suffered a fractured cheekbone early in his career. The result was this grotesque looking helmet cum mask that you see in the picture. Teammates were quick to dub it the Hannibal Mask as a reference to the mask Sir Anthony Hopkins' famous character Hannibal Lecter was made to wear in the movie 'Silence of the Lambs' to keep him from his cannibalistic tendencies.

Talking about it, the wicket-keeper said 'I use it mostly for one-day cricket when you're standing up to guys bowling at 70 or 75mph. 'When batsmen are playing all kinds of sweep shots you're going to take one in the face eventually. It's my livelihood and I can't afford that.' The Guy has a point!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The story of the only time I played cricket in 2020

Review of Capturing Cricket: Steve Waugh in India

For the sake of truth, let cricket archivists breathe!